It was a full day yesterday here at the ICTCM, and the day was capped off with a very enjoyable dinner with Maria Andersen and Scott Franklin, along with two of Maria’s friends who (if I understood Maria right) are soon-to-be math bloggers. I have photos and a video forthcoming.
Today will be no less busy:
- 8:00-8:45: Session on handheld calculating devices over the last 30 years and how they have changed teaching. Very interested in this talk; I’ll have more to say about some of the handheld technology I’m seeing here.
- 9:00-9:45: Session on using Maple 11 in the advanced calculus and modern algebra classroom.
- 9:45–10:30: Exhibit hall surfing.
- 11:30-12:05: Session on labs in mathematics classes.
- 12:30-1:15: Session on using Geometers Sketchpad alongside computer algebra systems.
- 1:30-2:15: Session on Winplot.
- 2:30-3:15: Take a break!
- 3:30-4:15: Session on blogging with concept maps. Two of my favorite things put together, so this ought to be fun.
- 4:30-5:15: Haven’t made up my mind yet — either a session on CaluMath or a session on using Geometers Sketchpad in calculus courses.
Unfortunately the internet access I am paying $10 a day for isn’t wireless — or at least, there is wireless but yesterday it didn’t play nice with me. So I won’t be blogging continuously. Which is probably a good thing because I need to pay attention at these sessions. Speaking of which, it’s time to head down to the first one.