As this comment exposes to the world, today was my birthday. A hint in case you’re curious: My new age is the square of the product of two consecutive prime numbers.
So, what did I do to celebrate the day?
- My daughter ushered me into the day… by climbing into bed with me at 5:00 AM. After I was up till 2:00 AM with insomnia. Urk.
- Was so out of it from sleep deprivation that I almost got into a car crash on the way to work.
- Held open office hours instead of a class meeting for calculus. Yes, I had already planned on doing this, but boy what a good call that turned out to be.
- Came home and packed for the movers tomorrow.
- Took a vanload of stuff to the Goodwill; we’ve done this so often over the last month that the guys at the donation center literally know us by name. “Back again?” said one of them when I got out of the van this afternoon.
- Took several vanloads of stuff to the apartment.
- Picked up Doodlebug from daycare.
- Bought four sheets of plywood to make a floor in our storage unit.
- Had a celebratory dinner at Smokey Bones. Beef brisket… mmmm. I really wanted a beer but I would have been fast asleep one minute after drinking it.
- Packed some more, including disassembling our home theater, which was like doing forensics on a plane crash.
- Cleaned the grill and packed away the loose parts. Technical note: The grill plates on a Weber Genesis are porcelain-coated cast iron, and if you scrub off the chunky bits they actually clean up nicely in the dishwasher.
- Was a little ashamed that the only time I’d gotten emotional during this whole moving process was while packing up the grill, realizing that I wouldn’t be using it again until next spring.
- Did I mention I packed?
- Last item of packing before packing it in for the night: Clean off the shelves in the garage.
I think we’re in good shape for the movers tomorrow; but we’re still planning an early morning so as to get the last bits of clutter relocated. Part of the moving process is moving the computer and getting the cable modem set up, so blogging will again be light or null until later this week.