Check out this article from Joanne Jacobs to see just how low the bar can be set for prospective teachers. Money quote: "Lauren Janov gave the math test to her son, who just started fourth grade….although he didn’t prepare and hasn’t studied percentages yet, he did well enough to pass." Ouch.
stella on Answers to Test 1 and 2 multip… seo on Casting Out Nines has official… GREENEEFFOFOR on How I make screencasts: The wh… ian on How I make screencasts: The wh… BK on Three things I learned at…
Article CategoriesApple Blog announcements Blogging Calculus Casting Out Nines Critical thinking Crypto Early education Education Educational technology Engineering Family Friday Random 10 Geekhood GTD Higher ed High school ictcm Inverted classroom LaTeX Liberal arts math Life in academia Math MATLAB Music Personal Problem Solving Profhacks Scholarship Screencasts Social software Software Student culture Teaching Technology Tenure Textbook-free Textbooks Uncategorized Weekly features
Here's my personal website.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
- TIL I am no longer on the editorial board of a journal that I’ve been working with for the last 8 years. Was never informed. 11 minutes ago
- So I'll be blasting "Get Up Offa That Thing" in the 12yo's room each morning from now on to get her up for school. 15 hours ago
- @busynessgirl "Matterhorn" -- I think I like that better! 15 hours ago
- Introduced the kids to the music of James Brown tonight. They didn't hate it. #smallparentingvictories 15 hours ago
- @busynessgirl Mastodon? 15 hours ago