I’m pretty well sold on this Plaintxtblog theme. Very nice, clean, and simple. I find that having such a clean theme is forcing me to write a little more cleanly too, which is good. But I will be working on a few changes to the basic setup over the next week or so:
- Replacing the title and subtitle with a logo.
- Making it so that self-references (links made in an article to a previous article) don’t show up in the “Recent Comments” list.
- Adding a few, but not too many, graphical and link elements like a del.icio.us links cloud and the little orange radio-type symbols for RSS feeds.
- In general, I’m not very sure how to edit the sidebars of a blog when you’re using widgets.
- Editing the Pages for this blog (policies, etc.) and putting those up.
- Putting up some text widgets on the side for things like email, etc.
I’ll hold off on further theme-blogging until then.