- Be Ever Wonderful (Earth Wind & Fire, All ‘n All)
- The Lighthouses Tale (Nickel Creek, Nickel Creek)
- Footprints (Kelly Joe Phelps, Roll Away the Stone)
- Shenandoah (Jefferson’s Theme) (various, Lewis & Clark soundtrack)
- Caritas habundat in omnia (Hildegard von Bingen, performed by Sequentia, Canticles of Ecstasy)
- Starless (King Crimson, Red)
- Lovely Rita (Beatles, Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band)
- The Wind Cries Mary (Jimi Hendrix Experience, Are You Experienced?)
- I Should Have Known Better (Beatles, A Hard Day’s Night)
- Get Up (I Feel Like Being A) Sex Machine (James Brown, The CD of JB)
I’m tempted to go dredge up some video of King Crimson doing something from Red, because that album is probably one of the finest rock albums made and the live shows that feature material from it are superb.
But instead, it’s Friday, so it seems appropriate to get as funky as possible. With that, here’s James Brown and his impossibly tight backing band doing “Sex Machine”. This looks like it’s from around 1975, which is when he was still at the height of his powers.