All snarks about $24M mansions being funded by calculus textbook sales aside, there is an emerging relationship between calculus and architecture that is really fascinating. Since WordPress.com now allows direct embedding of TED talks, I thought I’d share this talk from architect Greg Lynn on this subject. I ran across this a couple of weeks ago and I’ve been wondering about it ever since. The point about using calculus to change architecture from a “discrete” notion into a “continuous” notion is particularly interesting.
stella on Answers to Test 1 and 2 multip… seo on Casting Out Nines has official… GREENEEFFOFOR on How I make screencasts: The wh… ian on How I make screencasts: The wh… BK on Three things I learned at…
Article CategoriesApple Blog announcements Blogging Calculus Casting Out Nines Critical thinking Crypto Early education Education Educational technology Engineering Family Friday Random 10 Geekhood GTD Higher ed High school ictcm Inverted classroom LaTeX Liberal arts math Life in academia Math MATLAB Music Personal Problem Solving Profhacks Scholarship Screencasts Social software Software Student culture Teaching Technology Tenure Textbook-free Textbooks Uncategorized Weekly features
Here's my personal website.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
- RT @MattBoelkins: New blog post -- More from AIM: developments in free & open math texts opencalculus.wordpress.com/2016/04/28/mor… 1 hour ago
- It’s a good sign for an online course when students are posting cat pictures to the discussion board a week before the class starts. 9 hours ago
- Here's some pics from today's poster session in the crypto/privacy course. So impressed with these stus' work. goo.gl/photos/txVGKX4… 19 hours ago
- @sc_k Seems like the cricket-based stuff would be something I'd try. Everything else... Nope. 19 hours ago
- RT @ProjectJupyter: Are you an instructor? Then please fill out our survey on how #jupyter and #ipython are used in education! https://t.co… 23 hours ago