No re-start of this blog would be complete without a return to the Friday Random 10 feature, where I pull off 10 random songs in a row from the iPod and do some kind of video focus on one song or artist that shows up. Here you go:
- “Black Friday” (Steely Dan, Katy Lied)
- “Broken” (Jack Johnson, Sing-a-Longs and Lullabies (Curious George soundtrack))
- “Hammer to Fall” (Queen, Classic Queen)
- “The Dancing Flowers” (The Wiggles, Whoo Hoo Wiggly Gremlins)
- “Work in Progress” (Alan Jackson, Drive)
- “Let Everything That Has Breath” (Phillips, Craig, and Dean, Let My Words Be Few)
- “Spanish Fantasy” (Phil Keaggy, Acoustic Sketches)
- “Can You (Point Your Fingers and Do the Twist)” (The Wiggles, Here Comes the Big Red Car)
- “Partita #3 (iv)” (Paul Galbraith, Bach: The Sonatas and Partitas)
- “The Calling” (Yes, Talk)
If by some accident you have never heard of Phil Keaggy (#7), here’s a video that gives an idea why he’s all over my music library. This is “Addison’s Walk” from Beyond Nature, which was a staple of my graduate school-days listening diet.
That’s just ridiculous.